Apple Cake


Used a well-used recipe from a book but this time I increased each ingredient by half - so a 3-egg mixture. 
 
 
So, times 0.5 each ingredient equals =
 
337g Self-Raising flour (plus I added tablespoon of cornflour when whisking in eggs)
1.5 tsp Baking Powder
255g Caster Sugar
172 Butter
3 Eggs
600g apples

I often use margarine for cakes but this recipe called for ‘melted’ butter and I didn’t fancy the thought of melted margarine so stuck to butter. 

Used a 21cm square non-stick tin. 
Into the oven on 160c fan for 1hr 10mins, (from 17.55 and out at 18.05). 
Important to leave it to cool before removing or else this heavy cake may collapse!
 
It was perfect, warm with custard that day, and for a few days later at room temperature in the cake tin.
 

This cake is a more successful development from my trying this recipe before a few times e.g. see here.

Comments