Easy Rice Pudding in Slow Cooker


An easy and tasty recipe, and useful if you've a glut of fresh milk to use up (this week we ended up with 16 pints of milk in the fridge (don't ask) so it was Mac n' Cheese and rice pudding all round!)

Basically, it's 3 ingredients: rice, sugar and 2 pints milk - for 3hrs 15 mins in the slow cooker on High, stir halfway through and you're done.


I also added big splash of vanilla essence, handful of desiccated coconut and a few split cardamon seeds.


In my slow cooker, I found it was perfectly done in 3hrs 15mins rather than the slightly longer time in the recipe. Once it was done, I found it started to clump/stick in the corners so don't let it go over too much.

In a new innovation on this blog :), here's a little video of the finished dish:


I put it in at 11.50 on High, stirred at 13.30, done by 15.15!

(It all disappeared in a few hours, so I did some more the next day - in at 17.00, ready for hot dessert in front of the fire by 20.15!)













 Recipe from: http://allrecipes.co.uk/recipe/33578/slow-cooker-creamy-rice-pudding.aspx
 

Comments

  1. Wot, no nutmeg? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha not this time. My mum adds also raisins, *fresh* coconut, and pre-soaked/softened almonds but the kids asked for no ‘bits’ in it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment