Macaroni Cheese (with ham & mushrooms)


By special request from the family, the ultimate comfort dish, with a few modifications (as always)...

1. Put macaroni on to boil - I used about 300g for 4 people (allowing for seconds!). About 9-10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile make this all-in-one white sauce (from Delia Smith off course) - I made double the quantity here:

 
I didn’t have butter so chanced some Stork margarine (it was fine thankfully). Towards the end I also then added two heaped  tspns English mustard and a big handful of grated cheddar cheese (don't let the sauce boil after adding these extras)

3. Meanwhile I had also sautéed some sliced mushrooms separately
4. I had also micro-reheated some cubed roast gammon left over from night before.
5. I tipped the cooked & drained pasta into a dish, followed by the cooked/reheated mushrooms and ham.
6. I poured over two-thirds of the sauce and mixed gently. Then poured the remaining sauce on top and covered with grated cheddar and milled pepper. 
7. Pop under the grill on medium until cheese is melted to how you like it.
Et voila!




Comments

Post a Comment