Wholemeal Bread Loaf

A Sunday snowday with no desire to traipse to the shops to buy bread, I decided to make this. I didn't reaseach or read around on this occassion but simply plunged in and followed the instructions on the back of the dried yeast packet.

The only change I made was using 'very strong wholemeal' bread flour instead of the listed white bread flour as it was all I had.  It turned out very well. Now I know this works, next time I would try adding some sunflower seeds, and maybe some chopped sundried tomatoes, black olives and grated parmesan.

I left it to rise on top of a warm radiator, with a folded tea towel underneath, which worked well. Next time I would use the loaf time for the first rise too so that it could fit on top of the radiator.

I'm on the look out for a bread recipe where I could leave it to rise overnight so that we can just pop it in the oven in the morning without having to do anything else.





Comments