Easy Chocolate Fudge Cake



A really most fudge cake I first made in 2011 for a New Years' Eve family party.

This time I increased the mixture by a third to get a deeper cake. However although each cake turned out lovely they were too deep to sandwich together! So I just used them separately over several days as they last very well wrapped in the fridge.

This is the recipe:


For the increased 3-egg mixture, you'll need to increase the cooking time - I think mine took 45 minutes. Also, for the icing, I substituted Cadbury's milk choc in place of the plain choc in the recipe (husb not keen on plain) but I thought it had a cheap, overly-sweet taste - must use better quality next time. I also grated some choc straight onto the topping while wet.  Yum.


I served up the second cake during the week at after-school teatimes, cut up into squares:


Yes, they are my lovely Valentine's Day flowers still hanging in there from husb, thanks v much!... 

To balance out the sugar-guilt I also try to serve up a healthy option too to the kids after school - here taramasalata with carrot & celery sticks, which they also like (honest!)  :)



Comments